All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.

Robert Kennedy

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Medical Process (Part Deux)

I passed the medical! I can't believe it. 6 months of tests and shots and exams and co-pays and I finally passed. Next step, I have to update my resume with my volunteer experience over the last year and then submit for placement. I do still have to get my wisdom teeth out before I can go anywhere. I have no idea when or how I'll be able to afford that but it has to happen soon. I mean I was told that won't hold up placement so I'm not in TOO frantic of a position but I can't believe next week is March already. So I should probably get to it sooner than later. I just don't know how I'll be able to afford it.
All of a sudden, it's becoming real. Is it really going to happen? It's funny how people mainly think I 'won't do it' because I'll never be able to survive without television and fast food. Did it ever occur to those people that I want to get away from those things? That I'm looking forward to not being a slave to my television programming and my Blackberry and getting out in to the world and working with people who have real problems? Not problems that consist of things like your internet connection is taking 'forever' or traffic sucks or Sweeps is over and there is nothing but reruns on. First world problems constantly reminds me daily of how spoiled we are. So I am going to spend the day updating my resume, send it to my secret HR friend for help and then submit and keep this process moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment