All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.

Robert Kennedy

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Goodbye Meals

My co-workers gave me one of the greatest goodbye gifts ever. Knowing full well that I can’t really use ‘gifts’ they got together and created a lunch calendar in which everyone is taking turns taking me to lunch at my favorite food spots until I leave. What a great gift. They turned the “last Supper” painting  into a schedule. I just loved it. I will miss these people.
It’s becoming a scramble to try and get together with everyone before I leave. As suspected, time is flying by. There is still a lot to get done with only 2 weeks left (gasp) and I’m really dragging my feet on a lot of it. I have learned that customer service people can be very helpful and kind if you are kind to them. They also are extra helpful when you mention WHY you’re cancelling their service. I think John, the TiVo guy, and I are lifelong friends now. I’m so busy, almost too busy for emotion. I’m hoping that it all doesn’t hit me when I’m on the plane and I turn into a sobbing mess. I don’t think that will make a good impression.
But it has been nice to get together individually with all these people on a daily and a nightly basis. Makes you wonder why we all don’t do it more often. When does everyone become too ‘busy’ to make time for their friends? It’s sad, really. On the bad side, I am eating more unhealthy foods than ever. It’s really delicious but ugh, so bad.
My boss calls me from his office daily to tell me he misses me already. I truly will miss him. He’s been a good friend and a good guy for a long time. I truly am grateful for all he’s given me over the past decade. He has a big heart even though he would never admit it.
Now my stream of consciousness is being weird and there is no linear theme here…
Onto more food for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment