All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.

Robert Kennedy

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School Supplies; an Update

In a small mention in my last posting, I talked about the limited school supplies here at the college I work at. From that I have received a bunch of requests for an address as well as a list of supplies that my friends can send. I'm pretty overwhelmed that at the mere mention of a deficit that my friends would jump into action. So I may be over here trying to help but it's nice to know that there are still a lot of kind souls back there who still want to lend a hand. It is greatly appreciated. And I'm touched at the offer.
School begins on Thursday and once classes begin I can assess more of the needs. I can sit down with the English professor and discuss actual needs and then I will be more than happy to post a "Wish List" and an address to send things. You really have no idea what this will mean to these people. These gestures from halfway around the world for complete strangers. I am asked daily why I would move here when I lived in Southern California. They just don't understand why Americans would are about their small country. It's instances like these that we can all show them that they do matter and we want them to succeed. Thank you so much for contributing to that process.
Updates will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment