Resolutions? Ugh. I hate that word. So I'll just say these statements:
- I hope to further my knowledge of the Russian language.
- I will never understand people who don't eat meat.
- I am glad to live in a culture where material wealth means nothing.
- I am SO glad I am not in the US for the upcoming election.
- This year I will go to a minimum of 4 countries I have never been to. As of right now, I have been to 10!
- I am not a drinker. Always been surrounded by friends and family who are and I'm just not and never will be. As I get older, I am distancing myself more from people who still think that is the only way to have a good time.
- I'm so incredibly glad I grew up in the 70's and 80's when there wasn't the technology that there is now. I never would've left the house and I would've completely missed out on childhood.
- I will NEVER understand when people are vacationing why they have to update everyone on what a good time they're having. GET OFFLINE AND GO OUTSIDE!!!!! I don't care if you're on your phone. Turn it off and have a conversation with a stranger for God's sake!
- I'm so grateful I don't have religion in my life.
- I like that I'm confident enough in myself at this age that I don't succumb to peer pressure and can just laugh at it. And yes, I still deal with it.
- I miss my family.
Hope 2012 is a great year for me and everyone I love.