All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.

Robert Kennedy

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Finally, it's not a secret anymore.

Resigning was harder than I thought it would be. I was actually very confident and ready to do it, although getting my boss alone on a Friday of a holiday weekend before he leaves for a 2 week vacation was not an easy task. But he was really great. It was hard as we have worked together for over 10 years and he's such a good guy. But in the end he said that he knew even though I liked being there, it was not my passion and was completely supportive. Boy, what a difference that makes when someone tells you that they completely support your decisions. We had a good long, conversation and he seemed genuinely interested in my adventure. 
So now it is really real. It is happening and as many times as I say that, it's still hard to believe. I woke up early this morning to have a conference call with a bunch of new volunteers as well as some mentors who are already in Moldova. Even though it was early, it was exciting to talk to people who are currently there and get a little behind the scenes information. We all talked for about 2 hours and asked questions and again, feeling really real. 
I guess it's time to settle down and get through all of this paperwork I've been putting off for the past few days. Big goal for the weekend is to finish the updated resume and aspiration statement. Have to get that done today so I can enjoy the Easter holiday tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment