All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.

Robert Kennedy

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The wonder of Facebook

Just today I have made 4 new friends via Facebook who are either in Moldova or are staging with me in June. What did people do before this? They just showed up without knowing anything? I have to admit, I think we have it pretty damn lucky to be going in this day and age where communication is so easily at the ready. I can understand how much harder this would've been to do even 20 years ago. I'm not undermining the challenge ahead of me but more expressing my gratitude to the access I have. 
I am currently working on my resume and aspiration statement. It is harder than I thought it would be as now that the situation is so real in front of me, it's harder to think of what to say. I printed out my student loan documents today which seemed inexplicably simple, I may have to double check that just to be sure that I have everything. I haven't really encountered a lot of things that are that easy. 
In looking at these packing lists the peeps on Facebook have posted I'm getting a little bit more nervous and all of the things I do not have. I don't know where I'm going to come up with the money to get all the stuff required. I know it will work out, everything has up to this point, but stress has certainly reared its ugly head. 
I will be participating in a group conference call via Skype on Saturday morning. Since I'm not all too familiar with how that works I'll have to do some research this week so I don't look completely stupid in my first impression. My local time will be 7am...on a Saturday...so I'm already at a disadvantage but I may as well get used to odd hours. In reading people's stories from the country and tips I'm getting more and more excited but also a little anxious. SO much needs to be done. There are hundreds of little details that need to be completed for everything to go right. I should probably stop writing here and get on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment